Tuesday 16 February 2016

Be good to...

Image courtesy of David Castillo Dominici / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

...everyone! And I mean EVERYONE!

Have you ever been solicited by a sales person, only to reject his product...let's say...in a negative way (to say the least). Well if you intend to be an expert in a specific field or industry, you will quickly notice that your professional network is suddenly very tiny. You don't need social media to realize that, you can see it by the rotation of the workforce among the same players. 



True story #1, I was solicited by past clients/buyers and prospects for jobs when things did not go well at their respective employer!

True story #2: As I moved from one employer to the next, one company (Company A) that did not hire me, later became a potential prospect for me (never sold anything to this company). Then, when I started a new sales job, I found out that Company A was a supplier to my new employer!!! 

You can imagine how in both the stories above, the person on both sides of the table had showed professionalism and positive attitude even though  no transaction or hiring ever happened. Yet, we kept contact and remembered each other in later stages of our professional life. 

People think that those situations are rare, but if you remain in the same industry long enough, those situations become the norm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment