Friday 27 February 2015

Revenue Storm Sales Training

Hey guys,

So it has been a while and I apologize for this long absence. However, I did start a new job, juggle a family with three boys and their activities while pursuing an MBA. That being said, there is another reason why I have not written anything in so long.

Honestly, in this new job, I got the chance to get a sales training with Revenue Storm which made me discover a whole new facet of selling. Before I go further, I have to admit that this training would be some kind of motivational session to have a temporary moral boost to sales people. I was wrong. This is a scientific and proven sales methodology that really inspired me to excel in what I do and really understand how to position my solution to my client.
That training made me realize that a lot of the things I have learned, self-taught or discovered from my sales experience can integrate into a set of tools and methodologies that optimize the actions and the feedback loop necessary to close a deal.
That realization made me think twice about the credibility of what I was posting, not because I didn't believe in it anymore, but because I don't think it was comprehensive enough. Additionally, if I wanted to elaborate on the previously discussed topics, my brain was now wired on the RS way and anything I say or do goes back to what I learned through this training in India. Because of that, I was worried that I might (by accident) start tapping into their intellectual property without doing proper justice to it.
A main concept I learned from this training is the difference between Demand Capture vs Demand Creation. The latter takes a lot more effort, study and "Thought Leadership" in order to achieve Demand Creation. This is crucial in today's economy as it is getting harder and harder to differentiate my technology vs. the competitor's.
LeVon Koerner, (founder of RS), puts it in a nice way by stating that it is imperative to have a "...coaching culture that subscribes to a three-dimensional coaching where art meets science and the presence of thought leadership."
So far, my new employer is embracing this philosophy and I hope that the momentum is preserved, because it is very easy to switch from "coaching-culture" to "inspection-culture".

No comments:

Post a Comment